Software Tester Job Openings by Lloyds Register in Southampton
|| 13 months ago
www.uk-jobs.pro - Lloyds Register is currently opening career opportunity for quality applicants to fill Software Tester.
Lloyds Register Job Opportunities 2020
Software Tester - Southampton
Location:Southampton : Boldrewood Campus (LR_L000124)
Department:GB993045 : SW Development (GB993045)
Position Type:Employee Regular
Education Required:See Job Description
Experience Required:See Job Description
Senior Software Tester Job Description
As part of our continued expansion, the Lloyds Register Digital Product team is looking for ambitious Senior Software Testers to join our growing testing team, based in Southampton.
You will possess the drive, enthusiasm and ambition to form part of a dynamic team within a fast-moving company. You need to be willing to embrace challenges and contribute to a range of projects.
Your duties will include
- Use in-depth analysis of functional and non-functional specifications to determine test requirements for environment, data, resources and tools.
- Carry out manual testing of software patches, major releases and Agile development projects, participating in full life cycle Agile development.
- Execute manual test plans and analyze and report test results to stakeholders.
- Test desktop and web applications.
- Analyze products and identify aspects suitable for automation testing.
- Optionally create automated test suites, using scripting and other relevant programming tools.
- Present reports on projects, arrange and handle meetings & test coverage reviews.
- Provide principal testers and project managers with time estimates and deliver to these agreed timescales.
- Work closely with other testers, developers, users and experts.
- Provide guidance and assistance to colleagues on any aspect of test planning, automation and execution.
- Proactively use and contribute to quality standards.
To be considered
- A degree in Computer Science, Physical Sciences or a relevant numerical subject
- Respected and proven experience of 5 or more years software testing in a commercial environment.
- A marine, energy, petrophysical or geological background would be an advantage, but not essential.
- ISTQB Intermediate level or equivalent certification would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of software automation tools and techniques for a range of software products, including web-based and desktop-based systems, would be an advantage.
- Experience with C++, C#, Fortran would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of software testing and its role within software development. A desire to progress and positively influence and change software development practices to improve quality.
- Strong technical testing ability with a willingness and capability to coach and mentor junior team members on best testing practices.
- Organised, meticulous and systematic with close attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with testing of complex workflows in desktop and/or cloud-based applications (not just standard E-commerce website testing).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to deal effectively with unexpected situations, taking advantage of opportunities and overcoming problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to colleagues.
- Willing and able to develop knowledge of the wider area of work.
- Able to deal effectively with unexpected situations, taking advantage of opportunities and overcoming problems.
- Good time management skills and ability to meet targets and fulfil agreements.
Interviews being held on 13/01/2020 in Southampton
Candidates moving to the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted.
Another Job Openings Southampton January 2020
That’s why extraordinary, passionate people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers.
Our organisation and team are fully supportive of flexible working and we actively support a variety of approaches to flexible working which includes, but is…
Our last Ofsted visit was in May 2016, where we were judged to be ‘Good’ in all areas, since then we believe that we have moved yet closer to our aim to become…
Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service or are able to present a valid portable DBS certificate will not incur a charge.
A full UK manual driving licence (in your current UK address), with no more than six penalty points is essential, but a clean licence is preferred.