|Job Title||Community Service Team Leader|
|Pub Date||30+ days ago|
|Company||Age UK Hythe and Lyminge|
www.uk-jobs.pro - Age UK Hythe and Lyminge is currently opening job for quality applicants to fill Community Service Team leader.
AGE UK Hythe and Lyminge and Age UK Ashford
POST TITLE: Community Service Team leader
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Service Manager
Monday, Thursday Friday 9am – 4pm
Saturday and Sundays 9.30am – 2pm
Total 30 hours per week
Hourly rate: £10.14 per hour
The Community Services Team leader be will responsible for the teams providing services within the community across the Hythe, Lyminge, Ashford and surrounding area.
The aim of Age UK Hythe and Lyminge and Age UK Ashford is to develop and deliver a varied range of services within the community to promote independence to our diverse older population over the age of 55.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES:
· To maintain a warm, happy, positive, and friendly environment for staff volunteers and customers, maintaining high levels of customer service.
· To assist in the management and organisation of a range of Community Services such as Meals on Wheels, Independent Living, shopping, befriending, prescription collections, dog walking and transport to appointments.
· Liaise with the Volunteer co-ordinator to identify new roles that cannot be supported by paid staff.
· To ensure appropriate cover is maintained to reduce any service interruption.
· When required, carry out individual client assessments prior to the service being set up.
· To deliver services in accordance with current legislation including health and safety. requirements and in accordance with Age UK Hythe and Lyminge and Age UK Ashford policies and procedures.
· To maintain up to date monitoring data and evaluate and report against the impact and outcomes of services provided.
· To support the development of new services that reduce isolation/ loneliness, and increase confidence, self-esteem and well-being for individuals living in the community.
· To ensure all safeguarding concerns are reported and recorded in line with Age UK Hythe and Lyminge and Age UK Ashford’s policy and procedures.
· To help build and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally while promoting the work of the Age UK Hythe and Lyminge and Age UK Ashford.
· To supervise and appraise staff working within the community services provided.
· The Community Support Team leader shall carry out his/her duties with full regard to the Company’s Equality and Diversity Policy.
· Offer support and encouragement to customers with the ultimate objectives of promoting wellbeing, regaining confidence, maintain independence. Where the provision of information is required always refer the customer to the Organisations Information and Advice Service.
Undertake all professional development and training identified for the role.
· To continuously review performance of the team by ensuring completion of monitoring and evaluation forms and obtaining customer feedback to measure satisfaction.
· To work and communicate with other senior staff members to ensure efficient operation across all services delivered by the organisation.
· Adhere to the Organisations policies and procedures.
· To undertake any reasonable task that is requested by the Management team.
Personal Skills required
· Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (formerly NVQ)/A recognised qualification and/or experience in working with older people
· An understanding of the issues affecting older people within the community promoting independence.
· Proven experience / methods of working and communicating with older people and the community to promote participation and involvement
· An understanding of the relevant services and agencies in the community working with older people
· An understanding of safe practices and health and safety issues.
· Good Communication Skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of people, including customers, partner organisations, staff, volunteers and Directors.
· Ability to organise and prioritise tasks.
· Ability to work on your own initiative.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Ability to manage a team effectively
· Ability to identify issues in staffing performance and challenge underperformance in a professional manner.
· A willingness to be adaptable and flexible is essential, as is a caring attitude
· IT literate in Microsoft applications and email
Key qualities and work strengths
· Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
· Networking skills
· IT literate in Microsoft applications and email.
· Ability to collate, present and report information
· An ability to monitor, record and evaluate the work of the project
· Contribute to the development and maintenance of high standards of service to others
· awareness and understand safeguarding requirements
· Identifies opportunities for Volunteers, including older people to be involved in the work we do.
· A commitment to diversity, dignity and equality in working relationships and practice.
· The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· To maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the work of the service and Age UK Hythe and Lyminge.
· To be adaptable, flexible and emotionally resilient to be able to cope with changing priorities and demands.
· Car owner/driver
Application deadline: 12/08/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £10.14 per hour
All PPE is provided and working within COVID 19 guidance
How to Apply:
After seeing and knowing the criteria and minimal requirements for qualifications that have been explained from the Community Service Team leader - Age UK Hythe and Lyminge job info above, thus jobseekers who find they have met the requirements including education, age, etc. and really feel interested in the latest job vacancies Community Service Team leader - Age UK Hythe and Lyminge job info - Hythe above, should as soon as possible complete and compile a job application file such as a job application letter, CV or curriculum vitae, Copy of diploma and transcripts and other documents as described above, in order to register and take part in the admission selection for new employees in the company referred to sent via the Apply link below.
You will be a brand ambassador, engaging customers and offering informed and exemplary service. You'll not only create attractive displays, but to maximise…
You’ll get plenty of benefits including holiday allowance of 22 days, a company pension, and a 10% discount in Argos and Sainsbury’s, and 10% in Habitat (after…
This role is vital in ensuring the department is maintained in line with trust standards, ensuring all infection control and other policies are adhered to,…
20% colleague discount on M&S products including furniture, fashion and food. Onsite subsidised colleague café or catering options.
UHS employees are able to access a range of NHS discounts, are entitled to a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme.